June 27, 2011

Effortless




Cotélac Sweater and Shirt, J Crew Matchstick Cropped Jeans, Ferragamo Shoes

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  Leonardo di Vinci 

This is my version of effortless weekend style. White denim and a stripy sweater are at once simple and sophisticated. Nothing symbolizes summer quite like white denim for me. Arguably it's a tricky look that I've only recently become comfortable with. I now consider it a summer stable. Even though I have a consistent style, it's constantly emerging. 

This look was perfect as I ran errands for Sunday's reception for the scholarship board I'm on. I largely admire jeans from afar. My slight stature makes me acutely aware of fit. I have a long inseam for my height, which makes tailored pants and denim all the more difficult to shop for. Having a few of my favorite tailored pants copied in Hong Kong was a godsend. Upon finding these jeans I promptly purchased two pairs for the season. White denim is a little gamine. There's a distinct air of insouciance, which I naturally gravitate toward. Summer calls for keeping things light, easy and carefree on the weekends. Effortless is not to be confused with boring. I like that the sweater has rolled sleeves, a subtle detail at the shoulder and two small exes sewn with pink thread at the back.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. 

14 comments:

  1. I hear you on the inseam issues - I do a celebratory jig inside the dressing room every time I find a pair of jeans that actually fit me.

    Also, I have never really considered white jeans before, but this post made me reconsider :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I am not a white jeans girl, but I love other light coloured jeans - own a pair of grey skinnies and a light-blue boyfriend cut which looks great rolled up with heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always look effortless and so polished! love it. you do white denim well! x

    http://bangandbuck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit. White denim conjures up Jackie Onassis summering in the Mediterranean for me. (Yeah, I'm that old ....) I've never found the perfect pair myself, unfortunately. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic。 I'm a huge fan of white jeans and always love it when I see someone pull it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look. I love the black top peaking out from under the striped shirt;)

    Many Layers Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! This post makes me want to try on a pair of white jeans too! I am very worried about getting them dirty, not to mention, I'm a little pear shaped so I'm worried it'll make me look completely out of proportion. I guess the only way to know is to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maja Piraja- The inseam issue makes shopping for pants challenging. I love the feeling when you find something that fits.

    You should try white denim. Such a crisp look.

    Prêt à Porter P - Thank you! It's amazing what a good fit can do.

    Ammu - Thank you! Grey skinny sound so pretty. I always admire this look when I see it.

    The touch of ankle is such a summer essential. It's a nice way to show off a little skin demurely.

    Amy- Thanks! I feel very humble. That's always nice to hear. I think I'm finally learning that even casual can be polished and put together.

    LuxeBytes- Thank you for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. I always love looking at pictures of Jackie Onassis summering in the Mediterranean wearing Jack Rogers. Such a times look. Elizabeth Hurley always managed to wear them well too.

    Don't give up on finding the perfect pair. They're out there.

    Lin- Thanks! Such a compliment coming from you. It's all about fit and proportion.

    Mimi- Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm all about layers and having a light sweater in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 0000-Thank you! I worry about keeping my white clothing pristine too. I find that the cropped jeans not only fit better, but keep the hem from being exposed to even more grime. I find that this is one item that I replace at the start of the season.

    There truly is a pair out there for every body type. It's just a matter of being open to trying on a bunch of styles until you find the right one. Nerve-wracking but rewarding when you find the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely!

    You've got a cute blog, maybe you'd like to follow each other?

    ∆FASHIONWHIT∆

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emilija- Thank you. That's very sweet.

    Yes, we can follow each other. I'll add you to my links when I update for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh... Your life seems perfect. I know no ones life is perfect, but your life sounds wonderful. Not to mention the wardrobe. Love, E

    ReplyDelete
  13. Effortless, indeed and tres chic. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous- You're right no one's life is perfect, but I really do enjoy my life. Thank you for your compliment on my wardrobe.

    Alice Olive- Thank you. I love how simplest things end up being chic and effortless. Especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete