January 16, 2012

Blush Hues and Winter Sunlight

My Personal Photo

Sandro Silk Blouse (with Cotton Peter Pan Collar), J. Crew Cropped Trousers, Tiffany & Co. Hand Engraved Bracelet and Handcrafted bespoke bangles.

Pale muted tones and winter sunlight. Two of my favorite things lately. It has been such a treat to have an unseasonably warm autumn and a winter that barring a few days hasn't really shown itself. These pictures were taken last weekend on a glorious sixty- five degree day*. All the better for a leisurely stroll. 

As we all know, I have a penchant for silk button down shirts (see here and here) and have been relying on the bespoke silk blouses I had made in Hong Kong. When I saw this little blouse I instantly fell hard for the details. The blush hue (that I'm ever so fond of) pops against my skin tone. The graceful drape of the sleeves.  The pleats and darts. The rounded Peter Pan collar. Most importantly, the silk is that heavy weight that I love. 

I had seen this blouse on Net-A-Porter and Sandro's websites, but there was something about the styling that failed to convince me. Seeing the blouse in person really solidified it as a piece that would meld seamlessly into my wardrobe. There's just something about being able to touch the material that deeply appeals to me.

I tried on several charming blouses at Sandro, but they were all comically too large. It's hard to tell if it's a Sandro thing, since sizing is always an issue for me and the very reason why I've come to rely on bespoke blouses. I like that this blouse is a bit slouchy (with the all important well fitting shoulder), but can be neatly tucked in. 

Wishing you all a Happy Martin Luther King  Day.

* Selfishly, I'm looking forward to another round of warm weather, but the poor trees and flowers- they're already blooming.

21 comments:

  1. You look so graceful. What a charming purchase. The colour, the collar, the drape.

    I need to wear silk more often - I have some beautiful silk blouses and dresses, but almost always end up wearing something in cotton or wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ammu- Thank you. That's exactly what I thought about it- just charming.

      I do love silk, but cotton is so cool in the heat and humidity. Wools are the only way to get through chilly days;)

      Delete
  2. Oh how I envy you! One of the last - yet to be found - items on my wish list is a silk shirt in an earthy colour. I decided to hit the department store last week and I couldn't find THAT perfect shirt. I guess I'm still waiting for the encounter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florina- Your funny! Earthy tones are so very pretty.

    I LOVE that you have a wish list that you're sticking to. Silk shirts were on my list for such a long time. They're so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pretty! I like this color on you. Geez you look good in everything. Your waifish/lean frame looks stunning in clothes. I would say I envy you, but your such a sweetheart. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous- Thank you (blushing).

      No one looks good in everything, but when you find the colors, silhouettes, proportions etc it's funny, it just looks right.

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of draping and I like how tactile and soft this blouse looks. Looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily- Thank you! I always fall hard for draping and fine fabrics too.

      Delete
  6. i love that peter pan collar with the blush silk. i've been rediscovering the art of the collar lately. i think a small collection of silk blouses is so very Gentlewoman/Phoebe Philo. needless to say i've been accumulating a small stash for myself ;-)

    happy MLK, and happy Year of the Dragon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Year of the Dragon to you too. So far this year has been off to a great start- I'm loving it.

      Oh yes, the silk blouse is so Gentlewoman/Phoebe Philo. It's always nice to find one that meets all the items on my checklist.

      I love having a long MLK weekend after the rush of the holidays.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful silk blouse! I, too, have a penchant for blush pinks. The peter pan collar adds to the great details of the blouse! Hope you had a wonderful MLK weekend!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! Blush pinks are so pretty and I agree the collar adds something.

      Glad to see you're up and running:)

      Such a lovely weekend- thank you.

      Delete
  8. Clara Turbay- Thank you! I look forward to looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blouse! Not only is the color lovely, but the draping is incredible. Enjoy!

    minima/maxima, a blog about minimalist style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. petrichore- Thank you! The draping does me in.

      It's something that I could conceptualize in my head, but had trouble finding. The story of my life.

      Delete
  10. Your blouse is stunning, I'm in love with the colour and the collar, such a pretty design <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lidiya- Thank you! It certainly is one of those items that checks all the boxes for me.

      Delete
  11. Eek. Those diamond bangles are beautiful. You know I love them-
    especially when you stack all 6!!! Looking forward to getting to seeing you at NYFW:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara- Can't wait:) It's fast approaching!!!

    I love all the bangles stacked too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shot! I want a blouse just like that. It's perfect.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catie Beatty- Thank you!!!!

      It really is great to see you in print:)

      Delete